Friday, January 29, 2010

My Version of "I Am"

Tears falling down my cheek, it's been the worst week
Never felt pain like this before.
You saw my heart break
Everything began to ache
When he said we could still be friends.
I was so weak, unable to speak
Still I could call you by name,
And I said, Heartache Healer, Pain Reliever
Stay by my side
And you said, I Am.

Staring into their eyes, unable to realize
Our family life was coming to an end
Thanksgiving with him,
Christmas with her.
Memories of Lake Tahoe rushed through my head.
You knew I was weak, unable to speak
Still I could call you by name
And I said, Heavenly Father, my Creator
Help me to comprehend
And you said, I Am.

Age twenty-four, confused to my core
Standing at a crossroads that will shape my life.
Which path do I choose
Which road should I take
What are the plans that you have in store for me
You felt I was weak, and unable to speak
Still I called you by name
And I said, Friend and Savior, my Protector
Help me find my way
And you said, I Am.

Life is full of struggle that we must overcome and
So I'll find a foothold that's familiar
And bless the moments that I feel You nearer

My whole life you were there, even when I'd curse and I'd swear
You've loved me through the good and through the bad.
You'll stay by my side
As I go on life's ride
Even through times that I turn away from you
I will be weak, unable to speak
Still I will call You by name
Creator, Maker, Life Sustainer
Comforter, Healer, my Redeemer
My Lord and Friend, Beginning and the End

I Am
Yes, I Am

No comments: