Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dogs and their antics

Let me tell you, I have had several dogs over the years, but Sophie (my current dog) is by far the weirdest one. It would take a novel to be able to describe everything that makes her... well her. However, this post is dedicated to just one.

I don't know where she learned this or picked it up, or if it was just ingrained in her character from birth, but she has a certain way of waiting for you to open the back door to let her in.  She sits by the sliding glass door patiently, watching and waiting for someone to let her in.  The second she catches your eye and sees you take a step toward the door to let her in, she slowly turns her head to the side and lifts her nose up revealing a lovely side view of her face.

I have several theories to why she does this.  Each one as unlikely as the last.  Maybe she is trying to act like she doesn't care "let me in if you want... it makes no matter to me".  Maybe she sees herself as the Master and Lord of this house and we are but her highness's humble servants to whom she deigns to even acknowledge our existence.  Maybe she thinks that is her good side, and if she looks prettier we are more likely to let her in "Come hither and gaze upon my beauty".  Or maybe she thinks if she acts mysterious it will peak our curiosity and we could do naught but let her in.

In reality, it is just silly and no theory really makes any sense to why she does this.  If only dogs could talk......

No comments: