Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ancient Aliens

Confession: I spent a significant amount of my day watching the series Ancient Aliens on the history channel (one of my favorite channels on TV). Not that I really believe a lot of what they were saying... for instance that humans are in fact descendants of aliens, I mean come on... but it was all very interesting. Using history from basically every ancient culture around the world that at one time or another said they had visitors from the sky. The ancient societies that elongated their skulls (somewhere in Africa, Egypt and Peru) and made their skeletons look strangely similar to our current perception of an alien... very interesting... mostly that these societies came up with this idea separately.

One of my favorite parts was about the Money pit on an uninhibited island in Nova Scotia. Apparently there is some treasure at the bottom that we can't reach, and one of the theories is that it is an alien technology inside the Ark of the Covenant. Some of the other theories are pirate treasure, naval treasure, Marie Antoinette's jewels, treasure of the knights templar, or William Shakespeare's plays. I don't really know if I believe any of those theories but I do believe that something is down there and the want-to-be-treasure-hunter inside me really wants to know what it is. Hahaha.

No comments: