Saturday, February 16, 2008

Next step in my life...

In august my lease will be up on my apartment... and what to do and where to live next has been haunting me for awhile. I had planned to move to London... however after doing some research I realized it will be next to impossible to find a job there. Apparently your employer has to apply for your working visa and when they do that they have to prove they did everything in their power to try to fill the job with a citizen and couldn't. And the job market is so intense in London that there is rarely a situation where they wouldn't be able to fill the position with a citizen.

So my choices are to stay in San Diego, move back to the bay area, or go somewhere new. I have always wanted to live abroad, but only for a year or two.. and that makes it hard to find a good job. Besides London, I would have to go somewhere where they speak English... like Australia.

I love it here in San Diego. No where else can compete with this weather, there is so much to do here, as well as wonderful people. But alot of my friends that I have here are moving away and I haven't been able to find a job that I like.

Then, there is the bay area. All of my best friends are going to be there next year.. and where I don't really want to go back there so soon I think I might feel left out if I don't. I love all my friends that are going to be there... they are some of the best people I know. And I could live at home for awhile save some money and then buy a condo (which I really want to do cause the market is so good right now to buy).

So there is my dilemma. I don't know what to do. I'm hoping it will just come to me in time. I guess if I find a good job that I like, I'll stay here. Just wait to see where my life takes me...

No comments: