Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dollar Redesign Project Report Card

I have seen the proposals for the Dollar Redesign Project and I am sorry, but they are terrible. Personally I like our paper bills the way they are, but I am always open to new ideas. And so I ventured to an article displaying some of the concepts that people have created for this project and I was sorely disappointed. Most of them were laughable they were so bad... some made me cringe... some made me sad to be an American.... some were good art work but never something I would actually consider as a replacement for our dollar bills, but all in all it was just failure.

Grade: D -
This design is crap. I love Obama, but really? On the one dollar bill, the most printed unit of paper money in circulation? No way. He's great, but let's be real... he doesn't touch good ol George. It just makes sense, first president is the face of the one dollar bill, he is a fore father... THE fore father if you will. We are not replacing him. And I just don't like the different sizes... you know how annoying that is going to be? needing a wallet that can fit the 50 or 100, but will most likely just hold the 1's, 5's and 20's. It's just not necessary to do, tellers can fan out your money to count it... it's not that difficult.

Grade: F
Ok, I almost didn't even want to include the above design because it is just an insult to our country. Hollywood... really? I mean.... REALLY? Whoever designed this must not think much of our country. Hollywood is great entertainment, but no way no how is it going to be put on our dollar bills. I state here and now, if this design is elected then I am moving. Goodbye America... Hello Italy? Bali? Costa Rica?

Grade: B -
This design was my favorite of the bunch. I actually like it a lot, but it still isn't good enough to replace our current dollar bill. To me that green piece of paper is symbolic. It is part of our culture. And its going to take something amazing beyond amazing... something out of this world good to change my mind.

Grade: B for design, C for US dollar design
These were kinda coll. I like the colors and some of the choice of faces, but still... doesn't stand up against what we have now. But I commend the artist... it is good work, creative... modern yet classic looking. Maybe send the concept on over to another country. Tanzania could use some work... the shillings are a little monopoly-money looking.

Grade: F
Horrible, just horrible. It's like they weren't even trying. This is the US people... if it isn't epic... if you didn't put a lot of thought and effort behind your concept... if you don't love this country... then don't even try. P.S. What is with the yellow? Awful! Hurts my eyes a little.

Grade: C -
Good work... I like the look of the design, the font and the colors are good... but needs something else. Something that makes you look at it and think "YES!... That is the one"

And so I conclude... the Dollar Redesign Project is a great idea in thought but so far has failed to find any design worthy of consideration.

No comments: