Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Good Samaritan

Gotta love all the good people out there in this world. You really have renewed my faith in humanity.

This past week I was in a frantic when I realized I had left my iphone on my bunk bed at the hostel I had just left 4 hours earlier. It was lost forever, I was sure of it. I know I just advocated for hostels but lets be honest, you leave your crap out.. it's gonna get taken. Well I called the reception and they informed me that the guy staying in the bunk below me, who was a new friend, had seen it and put it away for me with the intention of bringing it to me when he comes to San José. MY HERO!!! People like that... honest, good people are what make this world better. Not those asshole robbers who took my crap in Europe! Go ahead steal my stuff... but leave the memory card. All my pics from 8 weeks of traveling in Europe were gone. I am still upset about it.

So to those people out there who are honest and could see an iphone left by a new friend and bring it back to them... THANK YOU! To those people who find wallets on the ground, look at the driver's license and bring it back to the owner... GOD BLESS YOU! To those people who find a phone in the bathroom and call "home" to let them know their phone is found and where it is... YOU FREAKING ROCK! I dedicate this post to you and know that you are remembered and appreciated by those you help... more than you know. It is amazing how one little act of kindness can leave an everlasting imprint on a person.

No comments: